I am obsessed with this oversized tufted ottoman. If it were mine, I'd never want to sit on anything else. Since I would refuse to share my velvet perch, here's a modern boudoir with more seating inspired by the glamour and comfort of the tufted ottoman.The curve and the aubergine velvet of the chaise enhance the glamour, while the clean lines of the tailored gray sofa help anchor the room and keep it from being too Moulin Rouge. The mirrored divider and metal accents reflect light and balance the visual weight of the ottoman.
The round velvet pillows are such a bargain, I even used multiples in my dream room. Along with the white shag rug, they soften the space. The peacock & parrot pillows, as well as the oversized carousel print, are whimsical and add color to the room.
• Comfortable & glamourous modern boudoir.
• Velvet Tufted Ottoman, Brocade Home, $1,599, via CocoCozy.
• Louisa collection sofa, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, from $2,020.
• Scarlet Chaise, Crate + Barrel, $999.
• Linon Rugs Natural Flokati Shag Rug, CSN Stores, From $64.
• Arched mirror room divider, Room Divider Store, $659.
• Carousel photograph, Etsy seller buckscountyframes, $53.
• Nixon End Table, Jonathan Adler, $695.
• Kasbah end table, Anthropologie.
• Velvet pintuck pillow, Urban Outfitters, $32 ea.
• Peacock Azure pillow, DwellStudio, $58.
• Parrots pillow cover, West Elm, $34.
• Paris flea market chandelier, Neena's Lighting, $1,680.
Images: mood board by Tara Bellucci; others as linked above.