Ultra HD made a big splash at CES this year, and is starting to tease us with actual sets showcasing huge sizes as well as equally large price tags. These Ultra HD sets offer huge 3840 X 2160 resolutions where measly HDTVs have only 1920x1200. I'm already dreaming about the possibility of owning one of these beauties.
Samsung S9: The boldest design concept comes from Samsung, in up to 110" to showcase the glory of 4k resolution. A huge, boxy, (but thin in appearance) frame surrounds the screen to give the impression that it's floating in the center. Samsung's been known to release out of the box television designs, and this one is definitely an interesting design study.
MORE 4K ULTRA HD TELEVISION ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• The Next Big Thing: Will Ultra Resolution 4K HDTV Even Matter?
• Supersized Hisense Ultra HDs & HD LEDs (CES 2013)
• 84" LG Ultra HD TV (CES 2013)
• Samsung Unveils Mammoth S9 UHD TV in 85", 95", and 110" Sizes (CES 2013)
• Which Technologies Are You Looking Forward To In the New Year?
• The High-End Tech Wishlist for the Ridiculously Wealthy (2012 Apartment Therapy Tech Gift Guide)