Ultra HD made a big splash at CES this year, and is starting to tease us with actual sets showcasing huge sizes as well as equally large price tags. These Ultra HD sets offer huge 3840 X 2160 resolutions where measly HDTVs have only 1920x1200. I'm already dreaming about the possibility of owning one of these beauties.
Samsung S9: The boldest design concept comes from Samsung, in up to 110" to showcase the glory of 4k resolution. A huge, boxy, (but thin in appearance) frame surrounds the screen to give the impression that it's floating in the center. Samsung's been known to release out of the box television designs, and this one is definitely an interesting design study.
Sony Bravia: Sony's upcoming Bravia UHD televisions continue the Sony tradition of solid design and engineering at a premium price. The new Bravias have a super high gloss finish and doesn't try to hide the speakers, showcasing their big bold look as part of the design. Sony's XBR model brings a more minimal speaker design and a different look in up to 84" of 4k TV, at an extreme price of $25,000!
LG 84LM9600: LG's UHD doesn't try to impress with its design, looking just like any other HDTV you can buy today. It doesn't skimp on features though, and LG's sets have been vastly improving in quality and selection.
Toshiba 84L9300: Toshiba offers its new UHD in 58", 65" and 84" sizes.
Hisense XT880: A new name (to us) in televisions, Hisense brought their UHD to CES 2013.
MORE 4K ULTRA HD TELEVISION ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• The Next Big Thing: Will Ultra Resolution 4K HDTV Even Matter?
• Supersized Hisense Ultra HDs & HD LEDs (CES 2013)
• 84" LG Ultra HD TV (CES 2013)
• Samsung Unveils Mammoth S9 UHD TV in 85", 95", and 110" Sizes (CES 2013)
• Which Technologies Are You Looking Forward To In the New Year?
• The High-End Tech Wishlist for the Ridiculously Wealthy (2012 Apartment Therapy Tech Gift Guide)