Coming up in January, the readers and editors of Apartment Therapy and Blueprint/Bluelines have the opportunity to jump in and get a project done - together. We're hoping that with the support of the community it will be an easy road from "Before" to "After". For my own January Jumpstart, I plan on tackling a project I've been wanting to do for quite a while and just never seem to get around to (we know everyone has got one of those) - a redo of this little desk. I really like the size and Chinese-y details of this piece but the very red wood just doesn't work in my place...I plan to go with a shiny, lacquer-like paint finish. Before really getting underway in January I need to:
- choose a paint color - white? black? yellow? turquoise? hmmmm
- research a good paint to use for the finish I want - we've heard good things about sign painters enamel
- pick up the supplies somewhere local - Sappanos? Pearl?
- read all the details here
- pick your project
- take a before photo or two
- get your supplies together...and we'll all be ready to go in January.