I'm on the go quite a bit, so at any given time I basically have a packed bag on the ready. Filled with quite a bit of tech gear, sure...but I also pack a few convenience items to make sure everything arrives fresh and clean (including myself). My personal bag has a mix of work essentials both digital and analog, and a small laptop mouse that can be used on any surface the cafe or hotel I end up in throws at me.
My Essentials (clockwise from the top):
• Apple Macbook
• Apple iPad with Dodo Case
• Panda USB drive by Bone (He eats, shoots, and leaves)
• Bamboo Shades by Panda Sunglasses
• Logitech Anywhere Mouse (you can even use this one on glass)
• Ballpoint pen
• Moleskin journal (sketchbook style)
• Business cards printed by Moo
• Tic Tacs
• Lens Cleaner and Microfiber Cloth
• Kiehl's Moisturizer with SPF
• Apple iPhone 5
• Power adapters and chargers
• Apple earbuds
On top of these items I'll optionally throw in a pair of dress shoes, a button-down shirt and a tie (just in case it's turns out to be one of those types of events). I dress comfortably during the commute and when I arrive — after spending thirty or so minutes behind a sun-drenched windshield — I can optionally change into these fresh digs.
But that's a guy's tech bag. What might one for the ladies look like? After scrolling through a few pages of I Am Packed I found a snap of what an essential tech commuter bag for her might resemble.
Some of Aubrey's Essentials
• Canon camera with leather case
• Fuji Instax Polaroid camera
• Karen Walker sunglasses
• Chanel compact mirror
• Great Lash mascara
With the exception of some makeup — and a couple fashionable cameras — the contents of the travel bags aren't all too different.
And be sure to check out Minimal Mac's "Three Days, One Backpack" for additional ideas of perfecting the optimized tech essentials while traveling/commuting:
(Image: Chris Perez)