• 1 A breaker box gets an attractive AND useful facade when owners attached an oversize bulletin board and chalkboard walls on tracks.
• 2 For those of you who can't get on board with exposing your TV, Roman and Matchstick blinds are an easy DIY alternative doored media cabinets. Tie the shelf into the rest of the room by picking a shade material that coordinates with the rest of your decor.
• 3 Or if you don't want the bulk of a media canbents, but still don't like the look of a screen vying for visual attention, this Martha Stewart special is like a fitted sheet for your computer.
• 4 Another shade trick. This one makes the concealed tool cabinet look like another shaded window.
• 5 Adding a fabric skirt to low lying storage shelves is one of the most popular concealment tricks. It's also a good way to introduce color and pattern interest to a room.
• 6 Coordinating multiple storage units with fabric is one of the easiest ways to dress up a functional space. In this example, fabric is simply hung with clothes pins.