Way back in 2006, we wrote about Holmes Wilson
, a furniture design team based in the North Bay. Now they've got some stunning new pieces
that are ideal for outdoors, so we thought this month was the perfect time for another look. If you're looking to invest in some statement furniture for the garden before the summer kicks in, Holmes Wilson is definitely worth a peek. The smooth concrete forms of their tables and chairs feel somehow quite organic despite their material make-up.
Some of the pieces are very plain, while others are embossed with impressions of leaves and other botanicals. Some table options have wood or steel bases, while others are entirely concrete, giving the impression of a functional kind of sculpture.
Here are a few favorites (pictured above, left to right):
• 1 The Yer Lounge Chair is sleek and contemporary, but would also be at home in a rustic space. We can just imagine how it would soak up the sun and feel warm for lounging even on days when it's not exactly lie-out weather.
• 2 The gorgeous botanical detail on the Pliny End Table is customizable, but we love all the existing examples shown here. A set of these as garden stools would be divine.
• 3 Likewise, the Hand-built Table would also be amazing as a seat or a place to rest your cocktail out on the patio. The rough texture is refreshingly different from the usual smooth poured concrete look.
• 4 The pale gray color of the Sophie Chair would be beautiful with, say, a reclaimed wood table.
• 5 A mixture of colors and shapes in these Concrete Seats would be such a fun look in a modern garden with lots of grasses and whimsical plant choices.
To see the full collection and get pricing information, check out the Holmes Wilson website.
(Images: Holmes Wilson)