Name: Conrad (6 months)
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
When I found out I was expecting and then found out it was a boy, I didn't really have a theme in mind. I knew I wanted neutrals and that was about it. I started buying things here and there that I liked. The first few purchases were the silver retro cars, then came the rug. I loved the idea of a "travel/automobile" theme and it really all came together after I fell in the love with the quote "Oh the places you'll go!"
I'm still adding a few things here and there, but for not knowing what look I was going for when I started, I love how it turned out. It's my favorite room in the house and has special keepsakes such as a pillow that was mine when I was a baby, a photo of my father when he was a little boy, and my favorite detail - my husband's silhouette from when he was a boy.
Conrad's nursery is by far our favorite room in the house and I'm pretty sure he thinks it's kinda cool too!
- I originally wanted a crib from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. I knew I wanted a classic white and while I did love many I saw from RH, I didn't really want to spend that much. After a TON of searching I found this white Lolly & Me crib by Ellerly. I loved the style and it was a bit similar to some I had admired on RH - but the price was much less.
- The book case came from IKEA and is something I think we can use for many years to come.
- The navy fabric table with silver nail heads was something I found when I first started searching for nursery items. It came from Home Goods and will stay in his room for maybe another year, then I'm going to use it somewhere in the house. It's a great piece!
- The large metal C was also something I fell in love with then I saw it, and it also came from Home Goods, as well as the large burlap pin board.
- The retro cars came from various Marshall's and TJ Maxx locations. I would pick one up here and there when I found them. Another unique piece in the nursery is the vintage pram. When I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted a vintage pram to use in a photo to announce that we were expecting. I found this on Craigslist for $50 - SUCH a steal since these are usually expensive. The lady who was selling it said her mother bought it for her when she was a baby in England. As you can imagine I was extra excited to find out that it was originally from the UK. I had originally wanted a black pram, but when I found this I knew I had to get it, even though it was navy. And then once I found out I was having a boy, I knew navy was meant to be.