Each year Consumer Reports comes out with their latest pick for best interior paints. Judged on performance, value, washability and durability, this year a new brand emerged with the highest scores of 65 paints tested. Find out who, after the jump.
This year's Consumer Reports winner for best interior paint is Clark + Kensington, a new line from Ace Hardware. Consumer Reports noted that it was "superb at hiding, leaving a smooth finish that resisted stains and scrubbing."
Satin & Eggshell
- Clark + Kensington - Satin Enamel, $32/gallon
- Benjamin Moore - Aura Satin, $68/gallon
- Kilz - Casual Colors Satin, $30/gallon
Flat & Matte
- Valspar - Signature Matte, $32/gallon
- Behr - Premium Plus Ultra Flat, $32/gallong
- Benjamin Moore - Aura Matte, $68/gallon
- Clark + Kensington - Semi-Gloss, $33/gallon
- Behr - Premium Plus Ultra Semi-Gloss Enamel, $34/gallon
- Valspar - Signature Semi-Gloss, $35/gallon
Read more for the full ratings and great tips on how to choose paints: Consumer Reports, "Lab Tests - Interior Paints," March 2013
RELATED PAINT POSTS ON APARTMENT THERAPY: