There is endless variety to container gardening and even the least experienced gardener can safely experiment with colors and varieties. Feel free to mix different shapes and sizes of containers. Modern containers will lend a spare and minimal look to your outdoor space. Distressed terra cotta will create an older, antiqued look. Recycled containers such as watering cans, old enamel pots or repurposed wine barrels will impart a creative and eclectic design.
No matter what you choose for your look, add some color to your outdoor space this summer! Here is some inspiration for you:
Top row, left to right:
1. Modern palms from Design Within Reach
2. Modern planter from Pure Modern
3. Stacked pots from Martha Stewart
4. Modern repition from PlantContainers.com
5. Tomato container from Martha Stewart
Bottom row, left to right:
6. The Thrill from Martha Stewart
For those interested in further inspiration and container tips, be sure to read Life On The Balcony. Blogger Fern Richardson specializes in gardens of the smaller variety and offers many ideas for the novice or experienced gardener.