- 8/24 — Submission Forms open.
- 10/5 — Selected entries will begin to be posted. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once.
- 10/19 — Submission form will close and no entries will be accepted after 18:00:00 EST.
- 10/23 — The last new entries will be posted. Readers will then have 5 days to vote on all entries.
- 10/28 — Voting will close at 12:00:00 (noon) EST.
- 10/29 — Winners of each division will be announced.
- We're collecting entries from August 24 through October 19, 2015. Submission forms will close and no entries will be accepted after 18:00:00 EST on October 19. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Selected entries will be posted beginning October 5. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once. The voting/favoriting period will conclude on October 28 at 12:00:00 (noon) EST.
- Division winners will be announced on October 29.
- Read the U.S. Rules or the International Rules for more information.
- The before and after photos should feature a room makeover in a single home. We recommend 1 before photo and 3 after photos. The home must be lived in by the contest applicant—it can be owned, rented or sublet. The home/makeover can be designed/executed by a professional, weekend hobbyist or design enthusiast. The project can be a decorating project or a renovation project.
- Readers age 18 and up are invited to enter the contest and share their home. Due to legal limitations, only U.S. residents are eligible to win the National contest prizes. International readers are invited to submit entries for exhibition on the site but are not eligible to win the National contest prizes.
- Once submitted, no contest entry may be changed, altered or enhanced.
- One entry per household. Only one Apartment Therapy user account per person.
- Submissions for The Big Reveal Room Makeover Contest 2015 will be accepted beginning 8/24. The deadline for submitting an entry form for the contest is 10/19.
- Submissions consist of at least one before photo and at least one after photo, four photos total. Please do not submit photos that include people or watermarks as part of your entry.
- Make sure you complete all the required fields on the contest entry form.
- The U.S. winners will each receive $1000 gift card.
- The International winners will receive a signed book by Apartment Therapy's founder Maxwell Ryan.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are submissions due for The Big Reveal Room Makeover Contest 2015?
All entries are due by 10/19/15 by 18:00:00 EST.
When are entries posted on Apartment Therapy?
Selected entries will be posted beginning 10/5.
I received confirmation that you received my entry, why wasn't my entry posted?
Our system does not automatically post entries as they are submitted. Our team selects the best entries to post. Not all submissions may be posted due to space limitations and it is up to Apartment Therapy to post the strongest submissions.
How are winners chosen?
Winners are chosen through a reader favoriting process.
My home was previously featured on Apartment Therapy — am I still eligible to enter the The Big Reveal Room Makeover Contest 2015?
Yes, readers previously shared their homes with the community are eligible.
I am getting the 'Too many users at this IP have voted for/favorited this' error message when I try to vote. I am voting from a shared computer network (e.g., a workplace or school) - what can I do to make sure my vote is recorded?
We limit the number of votes that are recorded from a single IP address to prevent attempts at voting multiple times by a single person, which is disallowed by our rules, against the spirit of the contest and, unfortunately, common. It is difficult for us to verify the rare case where many votes from the same IP address are legitimate. To ensure your vote gets counted, we recommend you sign in from a computer on a different network (for example, at home) to vote.
Still have questions?
If you need help or have more questions, please email email@example.com
- U.S. OWNER
- U.S. RENTER
- INTERNATIONAL OWNER
- INTERNATIONAL RENTER