- 6/10 — Submission Forms open.
- 6/26 — Selected entries will begin to be posted. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once.
- 7/8 — Submission form will close and no entries will be accepted after 6pm EST.
- 7/11 — The Round 1 Voting Period of selecting favorites will close at 12:00:00 (noon) EST. The entry with the most reader favorite votes from each division will advance to the finalist round.
- 7/14 — The Round 2 Voting Period featuring the 4 size division finalists will be open for voting. Voting will take place on Apartment Therapy and on Facebook.
- 7/15 — Voting in the final round will cease at 3pm EST on 7/15 and a Grand Prize Winner will be determined.
- 7/16 — A Grand Prize Winner will be announced.
- We're collecting entries from June 10 through July 08, 2016. Submission forms will close and no entries will be accepted after 18:00:00 EST on July 08. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Selected entries will be posted beginning June 26. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once. This initial round of selecting favorites will conclude on July 11 at 12:00:00 (noon) EST.
- The top 4 size division finalists will then compete in a final round to determine the grand prize winner. Votes will be collected through 15:00:00 EST on July 15 on Apartment Therapy and Facebook.
- A grand prize winner (the entry receiving the greatest number of votes during the final round) will be announced on July 16.
- Read the Rules for more information.
- The 6 photos must feature an entryway. The home must be lived in by the contest applicant—it can be owned, rented or sublet. The home can be designed by a professional, weekend hobbyist or design enthusiast.
- Readers age 18 and up are invited to enter the contest and share their home. Due to legal limitations, only U.S. residents are eligible to win the contest prizes.
- Once submitted, no contest entry may be changed, altered or enhanced.
- One entry per household. Only one Apartment Therapy user account per person.
- Submissions for the 2016 Energize Your Entryway Contest will be accepted beginning June 10. The deadline for submitting an entry form for the contest is July 8.
- Submissions consist of 6 photos of your entryway. Please do not submit photos that include people, multi-image collages or watermarks as part of your entry.
- Make sure you complete all the required fields on the contest entry form.
- The 4 Division Finalists will each receive: $1,000 cash prize + a Sherwin-Williams $200 gift card. The Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $1,000 cash prize.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are submissions due for 2016 Energize Your Entryway Contest?
All entries are due by 7/8/16 by 6:00 PM EST.
When are entries posted on Apartment Therapy?
Selected entries will be posted beginning 6/26.
I received confirmation that you received my entry, why wasn't my entry posted?
Our system does not automatically post entries as they are submitted. Our team selects the best entries to post. Not all submissions may be posted due to space limitations and it is up to Apartment Therapy to post the strongest submissions.
How are finalists/winners chosen?
Division finalists are chosen through a reader favoriting process and then a final reader vote on www.apartmenttherapy.com and Facebook will determine the grand prize winner.
My home was previously featured on Apartment Therapy — am I still eligible to enter the 2016 Energize Your Entryway Contest?
Yes, readers who previously shared their homes with the community are eligible.
I am getting the 'Too many users at this IP have voted for/favorited this' error message when I try to vote. I am voting from a shared computer network (e.g., a workplace or school) - what can I do to make sure my vote is recorded?
We limit the number of votes that are recorded from a single IP address to prevent attempts at voting multiple times by a single person, which is disallowed by our rules, against the spirit of the contest and, unfortunately, common. It is difficult for us to verify the rare case where many votes from the same IP address are legitimate. To ensure your vote gets counted, we recommend you sign in from a computer on a different network (for example, at home) to vote.
Still have questions?
If you need help or have more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under 1000 square feet: Renters
- Under 1000 square feet: Owners
- Over 1000 square feet: Renters
- Over 1000 square feet: Owners