Crewel embroidery is a particular type of embroidery that uses thick woolen thread, stitched freehand in blocks of color. Crewel pieces are an excellent addition to the walls of an eclectic-collector style kids' room. Thrift stores are great places to pick these up, but for those of you who can't wait for the next trip to Goodwill, here is a roundup of ten great new and vintage options online.
1. How could anyone be afraid of this little guy? The cutest clown ever. From Black Cat Bazaar, $12.00.
2. This itty-bitty feather is not vintage at all, but a new piece of crewelwork from Islay's Terrace, $18.00.
3. The colors and shapes are amazing in this abstract wall hanging from Young Gun Vintage, $75.00.
4. Another modern take on crewel embroidery as a... beard? Could be awesome in a little man's room. From Too Crewel, $15.00.
5. These snakes fit right in with our current triangle obsession. From Blue Apple Vintage, $20.00.
6. This owl is awesome! Just look at those feathers. From Lindsay's List, $42.00.
7. It has a deer on it. And a squirrel, and an owl. What else could you possibly want? From NowVintage, $36.00.
8. This fisherman portrait would look amazing in a nautical room. From Red Poodle, $60.00.
9. Roar! This fuzzy-wuzzy lion is from Sweet Love Vintage, $26.00.
10. This tiny pastel diamond would look amazing in a shadow box frame. From Homework Party, $15.00.
(Images: as linked above)