Some people I know like to put ice cubes in their white wine. OK, some of those people are my best friends. OK, one of those people is me. It means having ice within reach is a must. But even classy people who don't put ice in their Sav Blanc need an ice bucket for entertaining. Ice is a key component in many fancy alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (just don't ask me what they are or how to make them).Ice buckets are especially useful when entertaining in homes with small freezers or freezers that lack automatic ice makers. Digging through that plastic bag of ice from the corner store that is wedged in your too-full freezer doesn't scream elegant. I prefer tongs over scoops; anything but fingers (the horror!).
• 1 Williams Sonoma, $89.
• 2 Vintage from Hydrangea Row on Etsy , $42.
• 3 Dansk Danish modern from Mascara Jones on Etsy, $65.
• 4 Tubtrugs recycled bucket from Plastica, $12.
• 5 FusionBrands IceOrb from A+R Store , $16.
• 6 Oxo from Target, $39.99.
• 7 Masahiro Mori at Unicahome, $65.
• 8 Sagaform at Unicahome, $75.
• 9 Eva Solo at Amazon, $69.