Thai Town / Little Armenia / Griffifth Park — Los Angeles, California
I live in a really special 1920's bungalow originally designed for the Hollywood Starlets to stay in when they would be filming a movie at one of the major movie studios nearby. I love to think about who might have lived here and what glamorous and beautiful things they decorated this space with.
When I was first looking for a new place in LA, I knew I needed something that felt like a little private home as I was coming from my own house and couldn't bear to be in a typical apartment with neighbors on all sides. I found this place and immediately fell in love.
There,of course, were a few issues:
- There is ONE closet. ONE.
- There was a side by side washer and dryer in a tiny service porch area (happy about the washer and dryer but really wanted some extra storage room.
- I have three cats and I wanted to make it feel "uncatty". The space itself is very small and I wanted to make it feel chic and Hollywood glam without sacrificing any of those elements to accomodate my fur babies.
I have really enjoyed spending the last 10 months going to flea markets, auctions, estate sales, scouring Craigslist and finding hidden gems of antique shops to make this place what it is today. Everywhere I look, I see a piece I love. It's a perfect mix of more is more (Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson my heroes) to Hollywood Regency glamour (Kelly Wearstler my idol). All that and totally functional and cat friendly. I Hope you enjoy!
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.