As long as it's kept tidy and well-organized, a cork wall is a fun choice in almost any home: it creates a temporary display space for artwork; provides an easy spot for posting messages, notes, and photos; and introduces an interesting organic material. Click through for three reasons we especially love a cork wall in a small space.
• 1 The organic color and texture of a cork wall is a nice way to warm up a small space and contribute to coziness. Cork wall treatments come in a number of different shades (from a dark chocolate brown to a more honey-colored beige), and you can even treat them with patterns using stencils and paint (as in the third photo, which is admittedly not a small space).
• 2 A cork wall behind a desk creates an instant home office area without adding volume or depth. Use the wall to organize inspiration and reminders, hang your calendar, or even hang letter sorters and files.
• 3 In a very tight space like a studio, a cork wall provides a way to easily change out your artwork. When you've got to look at the same artwork all the time in one room that is your entire home, it helps to be able to switch it up frequently for a new look.
CHECK OUT SOME MORE CORK WALL INSPIRATION FROM OUR ARCHIVES:
• Roundup: DIY-able Cork Walls and Bulletin Boards
• Look! Cork Wall
• Flickr Find: Patterned DIY Cork Wall
(Images: Domino; Elle Decor; LA Times; Derek Sanders, via Aromanis; Dwell)