So why would you want to buy shoe boxes? For starters, if you want to create a uniform look on open shelving, these boxes would be crucial. And even if your shoes are in a wardrobe or closet, keeping them in a shoe box will contain odor and protect surfaces from their dirty soles. Nice shoe boxes are also great for those special occasion shoes that you don't break out very often but want to keep around. And, of course, you can think outside the (shoe) boxx. Some boxes (like the $.48 option from Lowe's) would be perfect for containing smaller items like belts, gloves and other accessories.
• SKUBB Shoe Box from IKEA $7.99 for 4 pack
• Linen Drop-Front Shoe Box from The Container Store $14.99
• IRIS Large Drop Front Shoe Box from Target $46.74 for a set of 6
• 6.5-Quart Plastic Shoe Box from Lowe's $.48
• Rubbermaid Canvas Dual Access Shoebox from Neatly Smart $7.15
(Images: As credited above.)