- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What I love most about my home are the vintage details, such as the wall moldings, sconces above the bar, and the french doors leading into the bedroom. What sold me on the place, however, was the high ceilings and amount of natural light that floods the apartment - it never feels small!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) I think most importantly, especially in a small space, it's necessary that furniture is functional. For example, I love furniture that provides for extra storage space, like the bookshelf I've utilized as a bar counter.
2) I also love statement furniture, and I think every space should have at least one piece that draws attention to it, like the Eames lounge chair I've placed in the apartment.
3) This might seem counterintuitive, but in a small space, I like lots of furniture, filling the space. It distracts from the size of the space if it's laid out well! That said, I do think that clutter needs to be eliminated and the place must be kept clean - having furniture and accents that are easy to keep clean, like a cowhide rug, is helpful.