Leaf aka: Audrey Gigi (22 months) location: Brooklyn, NY age group: toddler difficulty level: not especially easy (but worth it!)
materials: Orange felt, red organza, yarn, batting description: We found a leaf we liked in the park and I drew it freehand on a big piece of craft paper to make a pattern for 2 large pieces of orange felt. I sewed the two pieces together on the top, leaving the bottom open like a dress and sewed batting to that, turning it inside-out to sew on the organza. I made the lines in leaf using a darker yarn on top. I estimated the arm and head holes by holding it up to my toddler. Thanks Julie!
Magnolia aka: Sadie (2.5) location: Lafayette Hill, PA age group: toddler difficulty level: semi-easy
materials: Tulle, elastic, ribbon, headband form, faux leaves, faux magnolia, leotard description: See here. Thanks Kendra!
Flower aka: Ciera (8 months) location: Independence, MO age group: infant difficulty level: semi-easy
materials: silk flower, needle, thread, fabric, glue gun, existing pants and shirt in green material (Kate Quinn Organics outfit) description: Since I already had the super comfy outfit, all I had to create was the hat. I took a pattern off of her winter fleece hat and cut one out in a green fabric. After piecing and stitching the hat together I disassembled a large silk flower. I started with the bottom round of petals and hand-stitched them row by row onto the top of the hat. Once all the petals were in place I hot-glued on the plastic center of the flower. Add a tiny watering can for collecting little treats! Thanks Melanie!
Pile of Leaves aka: Dylan (11 months) location: Philadelphia, PA age group: infant difficulty level: super easy
materials: plastic leaves, acorns, red sweat shirt and pants, red cap hot glue, plastic rake description: I'm pretty sure i saw it Family Fun Magazine a few years before I made it in 2008. Thanks Shoshanna!
Tree aka: Elsie (2) location: Alaska age group: toddler difficulty level: semi-easy
materials: Fleece, fake leafs
description: I basically cut out a sack from brown fleece, sewed it together and cut a hole for the face. The labor intensive part was individually sewing on all the leafs. I started by sewing them all over the hood part and the arms, then I sewed some trickling down the body like they were falling. The look was a huge hit and warm enough to wear for Halloween in Alaska