Sometimes the busy-ness of life in a big city has me wishing I could get back to nature - or at the very least, come home to a place that feels like a woodsy retreat. Rustic touches, cozy details, and the warmth of wood make these homes feel like a special getaway, no matter their location. Looking at these photos, I can almost hear the fire crackling and smell the chestnuts roasting.
• 6 Tereasa & David's Grown-Up Tree House
• 7 Steve & Glen's Joshua Tree Retreat
• 8 Alan's Colorful, Daring & Dramatic East Austin Home
• 9 Four People (and a Dog) Living in 180 Square Feet
• 10 Nancy, Ethan, & Ohle's 1903 Cabin in the Country
Images: See linked posts for full image credits