I flipped out a little when I opened the latest Flor catalog, which features the company's new Just Plain Folk carpet tile. Crafted from nylon fiber in an intricate cable-knit pattern, and available in muted neutral tones, the customizable rug conjures warm and cozy, especially in a bedroom. You feel good wrapped in wintry knits. Why not let your house in on the comfort, too?
Cable knit in design is a trend that tends to resurface when temps drop in late autumn. It adds snug-as-a-bug charm to any corner. I love how the pattern moves beyond traditional textiles, too.
• The Just Plain Folk carpet tile from Flor features random pattern placement and looks best in a parquet layout.
• Ferm Living's knitted vases come in three sizes and colors at Velocity Art and Design.
• A porcelain and brushed nickel lighting fixture from Reshape Studio, who has an entire Etsy shop of cable-knit patterned goods.
• A serving bowl from Reshape Studio.
• An inviting DIY chair cover for you knitters out there, via CasaSugar.
Images: As credited above.