The weather across the country has been awful for the past month. While we'd all like to believe that spring is just around the corner, one look at the snowdrifts outside will have you running for something cozy to snuggle up with!
I propose cozy knit accessories and furnishing to get you through these last weeks of winter. Even if the knit item in question is not a blanket, just looking at something cozy can make you feel warmer! If you are a master knitter yourself, then you're probably already set in this area, but for those of us who are a little less crafty, I've rounded up several knit products and a few pieces of knit inspiration below:
1. Ferm Living Knitted Floor Cushions from 2Modern $216-$268. I love the cool colors and the square shape of these floor cushions — just the thing to keep you up off the cold floor while lounging!
2. Cable Knit Pillows from ZGallerie $24.89 (on sale). Cozy cable knit pillows look at home in both modern and traditional rooms.
3. This Cable Buck by artist Rachel Denny is — sadly — no longer available, but so cool I thought I'd share it with you for inspiration. I'm thinking a worn out sweater, a dear form, and some hot glue could produce similar results.
4. Nothing says cozy like a hand-knit throw. These from West Elm come in beautiful colors look so soft. $59.
5. The Slow Chair by design darlings Rowan and Ewan Bouroullec is made of aluminum with a soft knit fabric stretched between the frame — cozy and modern! From Hive Modern, $3,155.
6. The Mangas Rug by Patricia Urquiola for Giandia Blasco comes in so many shapes and sizes and the color combinations are so unique! Available at Velocity Art and Design, $2,910-3,440.
7. These little poufs from CB2 are an inexpensive way to add knits--and extra seating in a pinch--to your living room. $79.95.
8. A classic Cable Knit Throw like this one from Pottery Barn is great for a more traditional room. $79.
9. Can you imagine how great it would feel to step out of bed onto this giant sweater? Room & Board Cable Rug, $1,299.
10. This chair from the Ami Collection by Francesco Rota for Paola Lenti is sort of knit, sort of woven, but totally cool
Price available upon request from Karkula.
Do you knit things for your home? What is the coolest thing you've made?