• Cate & Dave's Cozy Home The exposed brick, loungeable seating, and density of interesting artwork warm up the tiny white-walled rental.
• Bill & Beth's Soulful Straw Bale Home Everything about this home spells cozy from the reclaimed wood to plush reading nooks and lounging spots spread throughout.
• Marya & Rick's Layered & Luminous Arlington Retreat The couple winterized a screened in porch, and the spot has aptly become known as "the snuggery".
• Jeanine's Sun-Filled House Jeanine's old home remains one of my favorite house tours of all times— every room is filled with cozy elements! However, the casualness of the eating/craft area with its mismatched chairs, weathered table, and natural area rug is the epitome of laid-back cozy. It's the kind of place that invites you to spread out a morning paper.
• Anna & Dan's White House Laundry Loft Converted spaces can be tricky to make warm and inviting due to their often expansive dimensions, but Anna and Dan play up the coziness of the exposed brick with warm textures.
• Frank & Jill's Frajil Farm Renovation Farmhouses are known for their inviting atmospheres, but Jill and Frank have taken it a step further with this cozy bed nook that takes up nearly the entire little room.
• Diane's Cozy Colorado Rockies Cabin Retreat Probably even more than farmhouses, cabins get a good rap in the comfort department, however Diane's is not your usual orange-y knotty pine clad abode. Her clean-lined cabin boasts a more subtle form of cozy. I especially love this patchwork cushion--a neutral take on the classic cabin quilt.
• Pete & Sandy's Minimal Farmhouse. I wavered on whether to include this picture or not because I know so many people find the simplicity too stark, but the combination of the neutrals and the spare calm (along with that plush comforter) seem like a different variety of comfort, and one that really speaks to me. Sometimes I find simplicity to be the most important element for relaxation which is what cozy is all about.
• Sasha & Meagan's Crazily Creative Seattle Studio & Home Don't forget about the animals! Our pets are the best reminders of the need for quality lounging time in cozy spots.
Images: As credited in individual tours.