I recently picked up a boucherouite rug while abroad, and then I discovered this awesome chair that's upholstered with one. To get my dream living room, expand the seating to include one very comfortable couch that I've already tested out, add fun pillows and a great lamp, and anchor it all with a rich rug.
1. The Reid Sofa from Design Within Reach has down- and feather-wrapped foam cushions and is perfect for, ahem, stylish couch potatoes ($3,000).
2. Brass and marble are a classy combination in the Arion Lamp from Dwell Studio ($620).
3. The Natural Tree Stump Side Table from West Elm brings some needed warmth to this space ($199).
4. I love the colors in this Modern Moroccan Chair from Anthropologie and the combination of the ragged texture and clean-lined legs ($1,898).
5. and 7. The Dot Pillow Cover from West Elm and Geo/Metric 4 Teal Pillow by Thomas Paul bring color to the couch and echo some of the shapes in the chair ($39 and $80, respectively).
6. This waterfall coffee table is modern but simple, and the thick edges add subtle color ($549).
8. The Baxter Indigo Rug from Crate & Barrel is made with high-quality wool, and the variegated solid grounds the room ($799 for an 8'x10').
(Images: As credited above.)