With Black Friday upon us, I deliberately choose not to participate in the annual stampede of crazed shoppers. Instead, my idea of a holiday weekend is more reflective and involves time with family, friends and preparing the house for the next upcoming holidays. This last part often involves impromptu crafts and can be accomplished with things I already have around the house: plastic bags, buttons, a water damaged book.
Why go buy new supplies and get caught in the mire of "the biggest shopping day of the year," when you can instead creatively reuse things already on hand? Some old, stretched-out or accidentally felted scarves could take on a new life, as could that stash of wine corks that has been sitting waiting to be put to use or an abundant crop of lavender. Some of these examples could easily be created with items found around the house or in the garage. And you don't even need to go buy a wreath base, with tutorials to make one from grape vine clippings, twigs or hay. The possibilities truly are endless!
Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
1. Surprisingly Simple Paper Wreath by Craftstylish
2. Make a Wreath Using Plastic Bags by Craftystylish
3. Yarn Wrapped Wreath from Craftstylish
4. Fabric Wreath by A Beautiful Mess
5. White Button Wreath by The Shopping Sherpa
6. Mis-Matched Ornament Wreath by celebrations
7. Create a Wreath Out of Old Scarves by Country Living
8. Book Wreath by Living With Lindsay
9. Make a Ribbon Wreath by Sunset Magazine
10. Yarn Ball and Ornament Wreath by melificent.com
(Images: As linked above)