Sure, you could simply go down to your local party place and pick up a pack of place cards… but what fun is that if you've invested all that effort into hosting a beautiful dinner party? Here are five easy ideas for elegant place cards you can make yourself!
1. Raid the dollar store for children's plastic animals and spray paint them white for a surprisingly chic look. These would be perfect for a backyard bash!
2. Scour the beach for a smooth stone, write the name of your guest in white ink, and add a bit of flair with baker's twine.
3. Another take on the stone-as-place-card theme, this one was made by wrapping a thin wire around a river rock and attaching an elegant paper card to it.
4. Take advantage of all those fallen leaves in your yard by repurposing them as rustic place cards!
5. Natural elements make for a gorgeous Thanksgiving table setting: a piece of wood, a pale pumpkin, and a feather-shaped place card pinned on top.
MORE DIY PLACE CARDS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 5 DIY Place Card Ideas for the Holidays
• Inspiration: DIY Party Place Cards
• Fun Place Card Ideas
(Images: 1. Erik Ekroth Photography via Once Wed; 2. Ellie Grover via Green Wedding Shoes; 3. Rylee Hitchner via Once Wed; 4. Ali Harper via Once Wed; 5. Sarah Kathleen Photography via Ruffled)