- Tablet Case: There are many ways to make a tablet case whether you use a large moleskine, yarn, or fabric, however, for extra DIY bang for your buck, use material from old clothing to construct the case.
- Scrub Bot: Make a little robot out of old computer fans, this one is a great very kid-friendly project.
- Papercut Lamp: No need for electronics knowledge with this project just, cardstock, x-acto knife, glue, bulb and cord kit.
- Altoids Tin Mini Speakers: Turn a pair of old headphones into mini speakers with this simple project.
- Sparkleball: Another kid-friendly project, this one makes a light that is just perfect for the holidays.
- Light Bulb Bud Vase: A classic project that creates a fun and simple vase that makes for a great inexpensive gift.
- Tangle-free Headphones: Tired of your earbuds getting tangled? Grab some embroidery floss and get ready to relive your summer camp days with this project.
What small DIY projects are a big hit in your home on wintry days?
(Images: Joelle Alcaidinho)