10 Simple Uses for Spaghetti Jars, baby jars can be re-used for a lot of things, just on a smaller scale.
- Seed Storage: Save seeds from the plants in your garden. Add a label with a picture of the plant for easy identification.
Briannamlund's Grass in a Jar
- Plant Starter: Fill jar with dirt and small plant, or use a plant clipping and fill jar with water.
Chez Larsson's Organized Workroom
- Craft/Workroom Organizer: Nail several jar lids to a shelf or wood plank. Fill jars with small odds and ends such as buttons, nails, nuts and bolts, etc – screw jars onto the lids. Good directions here.
- Store Spices: Make a spice rack, similar to workroom organizer idea above, or glue magnets on the bottom of the jars to make your own magnetic spice rack.
Nova's Bottle Path on Garden Web
- Bottle Pathway: Use jars instead of pavers to create a bottle garden walkway. Bury the bottles top-side-down in the ground, and voila cheap and unique garden element.
- Snow Globe: Just in time for the holidays, more info at Ohdeedoh.
Briannamlund's Eco Friendly Candle Holder
- Candle Holder: Fill jar with a tea light, or make your own candle by adding wax and a wick – directions here.
Hersheyismybaby's Blue Pincushion
- Sewing Kit: Fill jar with buttons, safety pins, a thimble and small spool of thread. More directions at Craft Pudding.
- Bathroom Organizer: Use jar to hold toothbrushes, q-tips, cotton balls, tweezers, makeup brushes, etc.
- Food & Beverage Container (shocking!): We know plastic containers are bad, so use the jars to transport salad dressing or other condiments. Or use for cocktails or shot glasses.
Anyone else that saves their baby food jars for other purposes?
ATVideo of the Day