Pile of Suitcases — Leather Collection cabinets by Maarten De Ceulaer
Many innovative and artistic cabinets were shown at Design Miami / Basel 2010 — most of which are one-of-a-kind or limited edition and will not be mass-produced. Here are some of the stand-out designs...
• 1 & 2 Pile of Suitcases — Leather Collection cabinets by Maarten De Ceulaer. Shown by Nilufar from Brussels.
• 3 Curiosity Cabinet, 2010 by Studio Makkink & Bey. Shown by Contrasts Gallery Shanghai.
• 4 New York is New York, 2010 by Jaime Hayon and Nienke Klunder. Shown by Vivid from Rotterdam.
• 5 Grey Derivations by Maarten Baas and shown by Mitterrand+Cramer/Design. Made of a plywood underbody with grey and red pigmented resin, finished in lacquer.
MORE CABINETS FROM DESIGN MIAMI / BASEL
• Kiki van Eijk and shown by Priveekollektie.
Images: Rachael Grad, Design Miami / Basel