Wheeler Kearns Architects approached the challenge (and something we would recommend keeping in mind when undertaking such a project at this scale), was to get every routine down to the lowest level of detail. Questions like:
"How long do you brush your teeth?" "How do you like doors to open on a Summer day?"Other questions we'd probably add to the list are:
- What temperature does everyone like to wake up/go to sleep to?
- What time does the sun hit our building?
- Have we taken daylight savings into account?
- What rooms get the most foot traffic? (for potential floor heating solutions)
- What volume should we set the music during daily routines?
- What time does everyone sleep?
- Do we have guests over often?
- What time do we have to let the dog out? (for sprinklers not surprising you early in the morning)
- What should our place look like when we're out traveling? (for home security)
- What kind of mood would we like to set when returning home everyday?
Did we mention the entire home's program is all uploaded to the cloud? Yeah, that's some fancy stuff alright. Now if anyone can help find us a cheap DIY solution to do this under $1k? Read More: Electronic House ( Images Via: Electronic House)