For us, decorating and arranging furniture in a small space can be challenging but also very rewarding. Take for instance, the entryway. It's the one spot where guests are welcomed and get a "first impression" of your home. That's why we love Dawn's solution for her home with no formal entryway--broken down after the jump!
Here are Dawn's great solutions for creating an entryway to her home;
- Adding a bookcase. It helps with sectioning off and defining the new entryway space. Add a tray to drop keys, cell phone and sunglasses and you've got yourself a landing strip.
- Hooks utilize vertical space while giving your coats and purses a place to land--especially if there's no entryway closet to speak of.
- Hanging a shelf in the area allows you the luxury of adding your home decor to make the space feel cozy and warm. An extra shelf could also double as a landing strip instead of using a spot on the bookcase.
- The yellow watering can is a charming sight in the entryway and makes tending to plants outdoors that much easier. And because the outdoor chairs are a nice, striped pattern they don't look out of place being stored in the entryway.
- An umbrella looks fine laying in a corner nook but we like the additional pop of color from the silver umbrella stand.
- Solution For Lack of Entryway
- IKEA Hack: Paola's Entryway Organizer
- Beyond The Coat Rack: Freestanding Entryway Storage