When I was younger, my parents stored our pop-up camper on our back patio when it wasn't in use. Luckily for my sister and I, they kept it opened up during the warm months so that we could camp in our backyard whenever we'd like. It was an inexpensive and fun way to feel like we were on vacation without spending a dime. Here are some great ways you can create your own camping escape at home (even if you don't have a backyard!)
1. No tent? Sleeping bags will suffice on a warm, dry night. And for a bonus, set up a screen or hang a sheet to create an outdoor movie theater like these folks in Echo Park, California did. Want a little cover? Make your own DIY backyard teepee.
2. Or you could rent a tent for a night! Suburban Camping Co. offers everything from tents to yard games, s'more bars, outdoor movie setups, and more.
3. Plan some kid-friendly camping activities. BCS Families has some ideas like glow stick hide and seek and roasting Starbursts.
4. Other crowd pleasers include popcorn, tree stump seating, and camping bingo - check out Thirty Handmade Days for a free printable.
5. And for you urbanites/apartment dwellers, Small Notebook has a great example of camping at home without a backyard.
(Images: 1. Bethany Nauert 2. Suburban Camping Co. 3. BCS Families 4. Thirty Handmade Days 5. Small Notebook)