Earlier this week we looked at how to get the "Scandinavian look" in children's rooms. But sometimes recreating that look on this side of the pond can be tricky, especially if you're going for an understated graphic appeal that Europeans specialize in.
1. Big Bear Wall Art by Seventy Tree from Land of Nod, $16. Start with the art and build out from there.
2. Cloud Throw Pillow, Land of Nod, $19. Keep it as a lombard pillow for the first 18 months or so.
3. Auggie Pebble Crib Sheet, $45. This may seem excessive for a crib sheet, but considering that it's no longer recommended that we use bumpers, it feels like a bargain. Plus, investing in good textiles always pays off in the end.
4. Artist Ashley G has a really fun collection at Urban Outfitters right now. This Char-Bea Colorblock pillow hits all the right notes, for $49.
5. Drape an Ikea Tejn Faux Sheepskin over the chair for warmth and comfort (and $10), or upgrade to the real thing for $30.
6. Sundvik Crib in grey-brown, IKEA, $119. You could go a lot of directions with the crib here, white, birch, or even an old-fashioned Jenny Lind. I enjoy how this crib echoes the serene color palette of the other elements.
7. Magical Thinking Triangle Chain Rug, 5x7, $89 from Urban Outfitters. Not big enough? Try two side by side.
8. Storsele chair, IKEA, $119. This black rattan chair strikes all the right style notes, but definitely do not forgo the sheepskin and pillows!
Grand Total: $466
(Composite image: Elisabeth Wilborn)