Can you spot the amazingly adorable, easily doable, room divider situation in this Oakland loft? It's a simple idea, but also incredibly smart storage-wise. And the result isn't just a fresh room divider idea for an open-space loft, it's an idea that could help divide space or add additional storage in a studio apartment or bedroom.
Minky and Tirsh got creative when it came to carving out a bedroom space in their very open-plan Oakland loft: they built a tent bedroom on a platform.
"The tent bedroom is of course a real achievement. We have to credit our friend Dafna Kory (founder of INNA Jam) for the idea of a giant tent as a way of solving the problem of needing a bedroom. Looking back, I think she was a little drunk and probably joking, but we ran with it! I really love the side tables and headboard we designed, too. This whole place is a DIY collaboration, so we’re proud of it as a complete home."
Bedroom tent resources:
- Storage platform: designed by Minky and Tirsh
- Tent: designed by Minky and Tirsh, made from two bolts of canvas, steel poles from Home Depot, and coupling hardware
- Tufted wool headboard: Hunter & Lew
- Tirsh’s side table: designed and made by Tirsh Hunter
- Minky’s side table: her great-grandma Birdie’s
- Yellow Boby Trolly: Joe Colombo for Bieffeplast, 1st Series
- Blanket: Pendleton