Kitchen islands can be pricey, but they don't have to be. Almost anything can become one, as long as it's an appropriate height. Click below to see how file cabinets, dressers, card catalogs, antique counters, and lab tables can be transformed into kitchen furniture...
For more information on each of these projects, click through the links:
• 1 A kitchen island from ReadyMade is made of file cabinets and butcher block.
• 2 A card file kitchen island comes from Better Homes & Gardens DIY.
• 3 Also from Better Homes & Gardens DIY: back-to-back dressers.
• 4 Christy and John used an antique woodworker's table in their kitchen.
• 5 An idea from This Old House: a lab table repurposed in the kitchen.