A feature from Dwell shows a unique renovation of a live/work building in Ottawa - the thoroughly modern reno incorporates bits of the buildings history as exterior design motifs. Including original floorboards and a turn of the century deed for the property, its a unique way to pay homage to the past while looking forward.
Shown above, left to right:
1. The building in an earlier incarnation.
2. After the redesign by Andrew Reeves of LineBox Studio.
3. Original floorboards, now an element of the exterior.
4. Previous owners names, engraved into the surface of the building by artist owner Christopher Griffin.
5. An early deed for the property, also pressed into the exterior.