Although they could be tossed in the recycling bin, glass wine and beverage bottles seem too pretty (and useful and sturdy) not to repurpose. After spotting this garden border made of wine bottles in ReadyMade, we searched for some more examples and quite like the effect, especially when done with bottles of complementary colors and heights. What do you think?
• 1 Featured in ReadyMade, this outdoor shower and garden border was made by Annie and Alexis Thomas using 489 wine bottles collected from friends, restaurants, and wine stores. Check out the Solar Shower article for instructions and tips.
• 2 Bottles may be laid out in all sorts of configurations. Flickr member narcolanza photographed this circular garden border in Baton Rouge.
• 3 Here's a long, snaked border from Flickr member cpkpdx ...
• 4 ... and a star-shaped border photographed by Flickr member T~Time.
• 5 The Oregonian featured a striking all-blue border in an article about recycled Garden Ornaments.
Related: Roundup: Ways To Reuse Glass Bottles
(Images: Jeffery Salter/ReadyMade, Flickr member narcolanza used by permission, Flickr member cpkpdx used by permission, Flickr member T~Time used by permission, The Oregonian)