We all know that IKEA is a place to go for affordable storage options, especially for small spaces. Truthfully though, some of the offerings are a little bland, so we're always delighted to find people using them as a jumping off point for their own creativity. In honor of this month's focus on organization, here are a few of our favorite projects from the popular IKEAhacker blog.
- Burn Baby Burn: Decorating MACKIS - This fabulous project makes us sad that the MACKIS is no longer available. It might be a great idea for the RAST dresser of any other unfinished wood piece.
- RATIONELL Jewelry Display - We're always on the lookout for attractive jewelry storage, and definitely love any display options that help make jewelry art; it seems IKEA products really lend themselves to this type of hack.
- From BILLY Bookcase to Built-ins - We were definitely impressed by this project, which transformed the dated ledge in this kids bedroom into a wall of usable shelving.
- Hallway Storage Bench - Entryway storage is crucial to any organized home; we love the way this system combines shoe storage, drawers, and a bench all in one compact unit.
- Lack Cross-Shelf - We love this uber-modern nightstand made from two LACK wall shelves and some LED lighting.
- Have a Cocktail on an IVAR Bar - Storage that takes advantage of available vertical space is always a welcome addition in a smaller home; this bar would be perfect for small space entertaining.
- Bathroom Shelves into Pot Rack - Storage space in kitchens is often at a premium which helps explain why we love pot racks so much. This DIY looks better than many more expensive options on the market.
- Billy Dresser - Never in a million years would we have seen that the base for this unit was an ordinary BILLY bookcase.