The kid in me has always loved any kind of tree swing. There's something magical about a swing hanging from a big branch in a big ol' grandaddy of a tree. The leaves rustling, the breeze as you swing back and forth...sometimes the only breeze you're going to get on a really hot or humid day is the one you generate yourself.
1. Summer Time Tree Swing - CoolHollowFarms ($110): I love that this swing is made from a fallen tree branch and wood from an old wine cask.
2. Thrift Store Chair Turned Swing - Peppertowne: This adorable redux was covered over at Apartment Therapy, with some minor controversy. But I think it's a really clever reuse of something that could have easily been discarded.
3. Tree Swing Made of Reclaimed Wood - Peg and Awl ($150): Made from a reclaimed floor joist from a 19th century house. The seat has been finished with natural tung oil.
4. Recycled Tire Horse Swing - Deron and Helen ($89): This upcycled horsie swing is perfect for your little tykes.
5. Tree Swing - Dan Henriksson: A tree swing the size of a hammock, or almost. This swing is intended for two people, or a nice lay-down with a book in the lazy summer heat.
(Images: As Linked Above)