Still have a pager around the house? How about an overheated laptop? It turns out that hoarding those useless obsolete devices might come in handy. There's a myriad of uses for outdated tech—and most of them are a lot more realistic than these silly photos.
Hopefully you've gotten the picture that those "uses" up in the gallery are all jokes.
They're submissions to a Photoshop contest held by humor site Cracked.com asking readers to 'shop together the most rediculous uses for old technologies. You can check out the rest of the 23 entries right here.
If you're looking for more realistic ways to make use of your old gear, we've featured plenty of in-the-flesh-but-out-of-the-box re-use solutions here at Unplggd. Here are some of our favorites:
- How to Reuse Your Obsolete Laptop In Creative Fashion
- Circuit Board Coffee Table: Great Reuse Of Old Tech
- Reuse Audio Cassette Tape Covers to Catch Insects Around the House!
- iMac Converted Into Hamster Cage
- How To: Create a Mac-O-Lantern
- 8 Ways to Upcycle a CD Spindle Case
- Old Remote Controls Reused as Pull Handles
- 6 Household Uses For Recycling Old Mouse Pads
- The CubeQuarium: PowerMac G4 Cube Gets New Use
- How To: Reuse Old Light Bulbs as a Flower Vase