Halloween inspires thoughts of bats, spiders, snakes, and moths. I've long been a little uneasy about the way moths bash into both lights and my face, but living with a moth-loving 7-year-old makes me appreciate their dark beauty...
- Timorous Beasties White Moth Circle wallpaper from Occa-Home is wonderfully subtle yet mesmerizing.
- The same print used on a throw pillow is a bit overwhelming for me- like sleeping on a pile of moths!- but it's still very cool.
- Maria Lisborg's moth throw pillow for Søciety6 is just as potentially overwhelming- a moth made of moths!- and yet, I love it. A celebration of moths.
- United Thread's archival print of their watercolor Moth is only $20, and the colors are perfectly mothy.
- The always-impressive Tugboat Printshop has a new Moth print available for pre-order- no word yet what the final color palette will be..
- This Hawk Moth Caterpillar tapestry by MFJ Textiles is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for: hauntingly beautiful.
- Paper artist Megan Brain created this White Moth for Gallery Nucleus' Bug Show in 2008. Unfortunately, it has sold, but I'm sure you could make one for yourself, right?
- Mr. Finch created these delightful textile moths- they are sold out at the moment, but perhaps he'll make more if we all ask nicely?
- Mothify your iPhone with Søciety6 user CharGyse's Spanish Moon Moth case.
- And if none of those are to your liking, you can buy Spoonflower user Cimi's Moth Mockup as either fabric, wrapping paper, or wallpaper. Moth tablecloth, moth holiday theme, and an entire moth room!
It turned out to be a lot harder to find amazing moth-themed home items than I was expecting- please share any favorites that you might have!
(All images as linked above.)