- Cristin & Zach
- Kirkwood, MO
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love how light and airy our little bungalow feels. With two adults and a toddler living in such a small space, we have made sure to keep things simple in our decorating. Everything has a purpose. Working from home also created a design challenge in that I had to have space where I could fit my desk into the living area as well. We've really made sure that our home is family friendly and that we all feel comfortable living life here.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Storage. We've made sure to pick pieces of furniture that also double as storage. Kid's toys go on shelves and in bins, and by going up with shelves in our kitchen we've created more storage for things that would have taken up valuable cabinet space.
2. Light colored walls. Working from home with a toddler in a small space can make you feel a little claustrophobic at times, and keeping our walls in cool, calming tones has helped make our place feel light and airy.
3. Clean and Purge. Being a responsible homeowner means picking up after ourselves and taking pride in the place we live. I try and pick up my kid's toys every evening and make our home a relatively clean space before going to bed. It makes you feel so much better when waking up in the morning. And when something no longer has a use or purpose, don't hold on to it, toss it or donate it.
ATVideo of the Day