Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Heidelberg Germany
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- The original early 20th c. wooden plank flooring made my heart throb when I first saw the apartment, as did the high ceilings and the brick wall. It was love at first sight. This room used to be the living room but I love that it's my bedroom now. Although it's very spacious, I couldn't fit a wardrobe anywhere, so storage for my clothes is definitely a problem. Also, if you are wondering about the door that is blocked by the bed, it doesn't lead anywhere. It was put there to cover a part of the wall that turned out to have a different brickwork.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Keeping an organized home is a little bit like exercising; you know it's good for you and you don't always feel like doing it, but you always feel better afterwards. Skipping a workout once in a while is nice too, so donÂ´t make your bed EVERY day :)
This is advice for myself, too. If you spend too much time cleaning and organizing you run the risk of missing out on life...
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- When my boyfriend had to move away for an internship a couple of months ago, we decided to rent out our bedroom and transformed the living room into my new bedroom, so it truly is a retreat where I do everything. I like having different areas to choose from, each with its own purpose. This way, even if you don't switch rooms, you can mentally switch to a new activity by moving to a different part of the room.
See all entries