Apart from the paint, there is only other difference between the before and the after is an improvement in the plantings. It's always amazing to us what a little paint can do. How about your home? Whether you live in a house or an apartment, take a look at your entryway:
- Think symmetrically: whether it's plantings on either side of the door or two lights, create balance.
- Clean the door: Sometimes all it takes it a wipe down of your front door, picking up the trash, tossing the flyers and trimming the scraggly plants to make your home look better.
- Check your home's exterior lighting: Better lighting not only looks better but it ups the safety factor.
- Add greenery: Potted plants and container gardens
- Check your accessories: replace a worn out welcome mat, hang a wreath from your front door or polish your hardware.
[image from Canadian House and Home]