Even though we know the power of the paintbrush, we're still amazed by what it can do. Like this home for example. The after, as well as some suggestions for making your home look better, after the jump...
Apart from the paint, there is only other difference between the before and the after is an improvement in the plantings. It's always amazing to us what a little paint can do. How about your home? Whether you live in a house or an apartment, take a look at your entryway:
- Think symmetrically: whether it's plantings on either side of the door or two lights, create balance.
- Clean the door: Sometimes all it takes it a wipe down of your front door, picking up the trash, tossing the flyers and trimming the scraggly plants to make your home look better.
- Check your home's exterior lighting: Better lighting not only looks better but it ups the safety factor.
- Add greenery: Potted plants and container gardens
- Check your accessories: replace a worn out welcome mat, hang a wreath from your front door or polish your hardware.
[image from Canadian House and Home]