Looking for a gift for someone who's a fan of the playful, the offbeat, the bizarre? Here's a collection of intriguing gifts inspired by the types of finds sold at brick and mortar curiosity shops, only a bit more practical than specimens floating in jars and sans the shrunken heads. 1. 2013 Entomology Wall Calendar ($21.95 from Anthropology)
2. Bird Call Set handmade in France ($160 from the Curiosity Shoppe)
3. Vintage Florida Map Pillow Cover ($65 from Salt Labs via Poppytalk Handmade; various vintage maps available)
4. Faux Taxidermy Stag Head ($109 from White Faux Taxidermy)
5. Cuppow turns a mason jar into a travel mug ($7.99 from Cuppow)
6. Eames House of Cards featuring "pictures of familiar and nostalgic objects from the animal, mineral and vegetable kingdoms." ($35 from the Curiosity Shoppe)
7. Air Plant in Hanging Orange Pod ($13.25 from Airy Obsessions)
8. Pattern for Red Coral ($3.50 from JPolka). Shop features crocheted patterns inspired by Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities.
9. Magritte-inspired This is Not a Pipe tealight ($28 from Jonathan Adler). After all, what's more surreal than a curiosity shop?
10. Test Tube Office Supply Set ($20 from Urban Outfitters)
(Images: As linked above)