With the recent resurgence of a more
laid back, bohemian style, I am ready to step back from my usual palette of cool whites and
grays and embrace a warm, richly patterned look. I stumbled upon Kantha throws
when shopping for bedding for my new place and immediately developed a serious design crush.
Made from repurposed saris from India, the textiles are available though a number of fair trade retailers online. Here
are a few of my favorite inspiring images and finds:
- Emma from The Marion House Book uses a Kantha quilt as a finishing layer.
- Design Sponge featured this all white bed with a colorful quilt at its base.
- Justine Blakeney opts for a light Kantha in the summer months.
- Kantha quilt from the Family Love Tree; $190
- Kantha quilt available from Fossik; $150
For more Kantha quilts, check out these resources:
(Images: as linked above)