- Boston's Charles Street Jail (a national, state and city landmark) will soon reopen as the Liberty Hotel.
- West Hollywood's Thomas Schoos' Nature Line collection of rugs.
- Mimi Sason opens Custom Design by Mimi on 57th Street after running Joe’s Fabric Warehouse on Orchard Street for 14 years.
- Arik Levy's Book Stool is just $39 — black straps that hold together your own books, magazines or catalogs.
- Popular antique website 1stdibs.com launches editorial on designers and design practices.
(Pics: Erik Jacobs, Hiroko Masuike)
• House & Home Roundup