Living in a studio apartment or a loft can be challenging when it comes to creating "rooms" within a single space. One way to go is with curtain partitions...
They can be pulled shut for privacy or opened for one big space. We've seen curtains put to use very successfully here on Apartment Therapy and at points beyond:
• 1 from Laura of House Tour: Laura's Pared Down Perfection Relocates
• 2 David & Im's OneSpace
• 3 David & Im's OneSpace
• 4 How to Hang Curtains Across Any Space
• 5 Rebecca Robertson's apartment, originally in Blueprint, via Martha Stewart
• 6 Anywhere Telescoping Curtain System from Umbra
• 7 Room of the Week from Simon and Emily
• 8 Maison Barak by R&Sie uses movable plastic strips to divide the kitchen from the rest of the house
• 9 A divider of the fringed variety, via Living Etc.
• 10 a Japanese noren from Flickr member ProjectBasho, licensed under Creative Commons