Even though my kids have plenty of seating in their rooms, most often I find them lounging on the floor when they are reading or playing quietly. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? Floor cushions are great solutions in kids' rooms since they can be pint-sized and dragged around. I've gathered up 10 great floor cushions that you can DIY.
1. Drum Pouf at Ariadne at Home. Maybe you can get away with this cushion instead of an actual drum set. Translated from Dutch.
2. Zig Zag Pouf at Better Homes and Gardens. These instructions will bring you in at under $50 for the project.
3. Cushion from Floor Rugs at Retropolitan. Simple to make and durable when the material is floor rugs.
4. Ruffled Pouf at Andrea Renee Photography. With a hot glue gun and lots of extra tee shirts, you can end up with this fun ruffly cushion.
5. Indoor/Outdoor Floor Cushion at Fiskars. The difficulty rating is "beginner," which is right up my alley.
6. Chevron Ottoman at Make, Bake and Love. The material is fantastic, and Megan has some great ideas for changing up the process of making a pouf.
7. Square Floor Pillows at JoAnn Fabric. With raised seams and a square shape, these pillows are a slightly different take on the popular pouf.
8. Pom Pom Pouf at Beautifully Contained. Adding a little pom pom detail makes all the difference in this pillow.
9. Chunky Knit Pouf Pattern at Etsy shop Dana's Joy. I love the chunky take on the knitted pouf, and this pattern will walk you through all the steps from start to completion.
10. Potato Stamped Cushion from the Cre8tive Outlet. Make a large floor cushion with your own fabric by stamping a canvas drop cloth.
(Images: as linked above)