• 2 This built-in cabinet for Far from Timid is made to store material samples. We love its glossy white lacquer finish and the way it apparently makes storage out of every last ounce of space.
• 3 One more look at the Far from Timid showroom.
• 4 This 90" wide dresser's very cool with its texture of walnut pieces making up the drawer fronts. Some walnut pieces are smooth, others rough, to create a sort of mosaic. The outer case of the dresser is made of sapele, a species similar to mahogany.
• 5 This project is a bit of a spatial innovation, creating an oak and granite wet bar out of a closet.
• 6 Another innovative use of space with a desk built into a corner.
• 7 An asymmetrical coffee table of contrasting maple and Macasser ebony. There's a hidden drawer for storing remote controls.
• 8 This floating cabinet would make a perfect landing strip. It's made of dark stained mahogany and those panels on the doors are actually made of fabric.
For more on Alancraft's range of work, which includes everything from kitchen cabinets and bookcases to free-standing furniture like tables, chairs, and dressers (this guy pretty much builds anything out of wood that one is able to dream up), check out: